At Missy Galaxy, the protection of your personal data is very important to us. Whilst we do collect necessary personal information (for example, shipping address and login details), it is our guarantee to you that we will never share these details with any third parties for marketing purposes. Our administrative staff may use your information to process orders efficiently and maintain your account with us.
This fashion website is not aimed at children as the content is not focused towards that age group and M. G. Fashion Ltd does not therefore consciously or knowingly collect data relating to children.
The data controller, is the person responsible for determining the purposes and manner in which data is collected. The data processor processes such said data on behalf of the data controller. In the case of purchases made through this website, we, (M. G. Fashion Ltd trading as Missy Galaxy) are the data controller of such personal data submitted to us in order to register your account, that we collect through the website, and as part of the purchase procedure when you buy goods from us. Please note that our Terms and Conditions apply to your transaction.
When placing an order with Missy Galaxy, we collect your personal information in order to process your purchase and expedite your delivery. The details you provide on our site are automatically encrypted and then forwarded to us via a secure server (SSL). A padlock or key icon will be shown in the corner of the window of your web browser confirming that a secure SSL encrypted connection is in force.
Please refer to the following list for more information about the types of personal information we collect and why:
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Web browser version, IP address, time zone, cookie information, which pages or products you browse, search terms and how you navigate and interact with the site.
- Purpose of collection: To ensure that the site loads accurately for you and displays all the relevant information. We want you to have the best shopping experience possible and so use these details to optimize your browsing.
- Source of collection: Cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, and pixels are collected automatically when using our site.
- Examples of Personal Information collected:
- Full name – both first and last names, billing and/or shipping address, payment information, email address and phone number.
- Purpose of collection:
- To provide you with the products or services you have chosen, to process your payment information and arrange for shipping, to provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you about the status of your order and screen our orders for potential risk of fraud.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Order history and other information as specified above.
- Purpose of collection: To provide personalised customer support in order to resolve your enquiry promptly from your transaction data.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
Customer information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
which is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Under the “Data Protection Principles” M. G. Fashion Ltd ensures that data is:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
Compliance with our legal obligations;
To protect your vital interests;
To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Your Legal Rights
- To request access to data held by M. G. Fashion Ltd
Known as “data subject access request” this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data held about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- To request Correction to data held by M. G. Fashion Ltd
Enabling the correction of any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you; verification may be required by us to authenticate this.
- Your right to request erasure of data held by M. G. Fashion Ltd
When placing an order on our site, we will store your personal information for our records unless you wish for us to erase it. You can use your right of erasure by requesting that we delete the personal data that we have retained.
- To request restriction ofprocessing of personal data by M. G. Fashion Ltd
When a request is made to us to suspend the processing of personal data in the specific cases: (a) you need us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it because it is needed to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you objected to use of data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- To Object to processing of data held by M. G. Fashion Ltd
- When something occurs regarding your specific situation which causes you to object to processing on these groundsin the belief that it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms; furthermore, you have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. It is possible that in some specific cases, we may demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds to process information which overrides your right and freedom.
- To request the transfer of personal data held by M. G. Fashion Ltd
- You may request personal data be transferred back to whom it belongs or to a third party, in such casewe will provide to you, or the third party as chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please be aware that this right only applies to automated information which we were given consent to use.
- To withdraw consent at any time regarding personal data held by M. G. Fashion Ltd
- We shall desist from use of your personal data where we are relying on consent to process such data at any date following your request. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. Once consent is withdrawn by you, we will not be able to continue providing our services. At the time of the withdrawal of consent we will advise you accordingly.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
It is not customary to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, M. G. Fashion Ltd may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may find it necessary to request specific information from you in order that we may confirm your identity and ascertain your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). Security measures such as this are essential to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Pursuant to the GDPR, if you are a resident of the EEA you can also ask us to correct, update or provide you access to the Personal Information we hold about you.
Disclosure of personal Data
We may be obliged to share your personal data with external third-parties as set out below for specific purposes
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of your personal data
How long will you use my personal data for?
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- In determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available upon request by contacting us.
- In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your Legal Rightsas above.
It is important that you, the customer, inform usof changes to your personal data, in order that the personal data we hold is accurate and current. Please keep us aware of any such changes during your relationship with us.